Challenge Question #2
Will Hagan, Macalester College
"It has been reported that less than 6 percent of all gray whale calves are
born in Magdalena Bay each year. How many calves would that be?"
Here are a few helpful hints:
* Assume a total population of 23,000 gray whales and 15,000 mature
* Assume a 1:1 ratio of males to females
* Assume that half of the females will bear young in a given year.
(This question was asked as part of the
March 5, 1997 Gray Whale Migration Update).
How to Respond to Journey North Challenge Question #2
- Address an E-mail message to: email@example.com
- In the Subject Line of your message write: Challenge Question #2
- In the body of the message give your answer!
Please tell us who you are! Include the name of your school, and your state