Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Fall 2001 Reports

From: HBCTeach@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 17:12:58 EDT

    We checked the tagged Monarch recovery list for 1999 and found that the
    latest release date was November 17. This was very important for us to find
    out, because we received our caterpillars from Monarch Watch very late this
    year. They have just gone into their chrysalises today (10/12). Also, we
    received a second batch of 2 day old caterpillars by mistake about 2 weeks
    after the first batch and these caterpillars will not be going into their
    chrysalises for at least another week. When they emerge we will have the
    dilemma of releasing them and hoping they can make it to Mexico or keeping
    them in captivity, knowing they won't live very long and they won't be doing
    what they were meant to do. Does any one have any suggestions? Ms.
    Cerullo's seventh grade science classes, Woburn, MA.

    Copyright 2001 Journey North. All Rights Reserved.
    Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to
    our feedback form

    Today's News

    Fall's Journey South

    Report Your Sightings