Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2002 Reports

From: by way of Elizabeth Howard Journey North (stbregan@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 13:01:36 EDT

    The 4th and 5th graders at St. Bernadette's in Kansas City Mo. would like
    to respond to this question. We broke it up into 3 parts.

    Part 1; Patterns in the Wind: We noticed that the wind direction went N and
    S. Some said it went se,se,se ne se,se,se ne

    Part 2; Relationship between wind and migration: We said that if the wind
    isn't blowing the right way; from the North, the Monarchs stay at the
    roosting site.

    Part 3; Why butterflies do this?; We thought that butterflies stay around
    the roost because it ould be hard to fly into the wind. The wind would push
    them backwards. So they rest up and eat and then take off with the next
    North wind.

    Thanks,
    Julie Regan and the 4th and 5th graders at St. Bernadette's
    stbregan@yahoo.com

    Copyright 2002 Journey North. All Rights Reserved.
    Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to
    our feedback form

    Today's News

    Fall's Journey South

    Report Your Sightings