Today's News Spring's Journey North Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2003 Reports

From: Linda Swentzel (LSwentzel@byramschools.k12.nj.us)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 09:15:39 EST

    Dear Journey North,

    My class was very interested to see how they did on answering the last
    Challenge Question #10. They were very disappointed that nothing was listed
    on the update from today, March 21. Could you help us?

    Answer to the Challenge Question #11
    Mrs. Swentzel's third class from Stanhope (Byram), NJ thinks that the worn
    butterflies were older butterflies. They said that if the butterflies had
    worn out wings, that means they have had a lot of adventures and have flown
    a long way.
    Most of the class thinks these butterflies have flown from Texas to be in
    Florida so early. The rest of the class were convinced that because the
    butterflies were so worn out, they had flown from Mexico.