Today's News Spring's Journey North Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2005 Reports

Challenge Question #13

From: Journey North <ehoward@journeynorth.org>
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 18:41:08 EDT

In our second grade class, Cole very kindly volunteered to let us use his weight to answer this question.

Cole weighs 80 lbs. If he were to gain 2000 times his weight, we determined that he would then weigh 160,000 lbs. We thought that would probably be about the same weight as a whale.

Mrs. Wharmby's second grade class
Glendale Spanish Immersion Elementary School
Metro Nashville Public Schools