Checklist - Symbolic Migration Project
Symbolic Migration Checklist
*excerpt from Teacher Packet
Submission deadline: October 8, 2021
1) ___ I understand that a $15 participation fee in the form of a “Passenger Ticket” for each Ambassador Butterfly is required. I have purchased a “Passenger Ticket” online at https://bit.ly/PassengerTicket2021 , completing all of the information requested so that I can be contacted if necessary.
2) ___ I understand that our Ambassador Butterfly will be our gift to the student in Mexico that receives it. I also understand that we will NOT receive our own life-sized butterflies next spring but WILL receive life-sized butterflies made this fall by students across North America, remembering that this is a class project and the return ratio may not be 1:1.
3) ___ I will report to the Journey North Symbolic Migration Participant FALL ONLY map when I share our Ambassador Butterfly so that our school/group/family will appear on the map of international participants, including the leader’s name, school/group/family, town, and state/province in the “Comments” section. Optionally, we will take a picture of our Ambassador Butterfly to include when we report to the Participant Map. I understand the limitations of the map as described in Step 5 on page 3 of this Leader Packet.
4) ___ Our Ambassador Butterfly and enclosures:
- Our Ambassador Butterfly was creatively made from a letter-sized file folder. No glitter or bulky material was used in decoration. The leader’s name, school/group/family name and full mailing address is written on this folder and it matches the name and address entered online when purchasing the “Passenger Ticket.”
- It includes the following enclosures:
*A cluster of life-sized monarchs, each legibly labeled with the artist’s first name, school/group/family name, town, state/province, country and leader’s name and email. Only one butterfly per participant, is enclosed in a plastic sandwich- or quart-sized Ziploc bag to secure contents.
*Our completed “Hello Friends/Hola Amigos” Letter
*A copy of the “Passenger Ticket” receipt from your online payment
*Optionally, a class photo, postcard or one-page note written in Spanish
5) ___ Our Mailing Envelope:
- Contains ONLY ONE Ambassador Butterfly and its enclosures per envelope.
- Is postmarked by October 8, 2021 with the correct postage.
- Is addressed to: “Send a Monarch to Mexico!” c/o Symbolic Migration, 1497 Candleberry Court SW, Lilburn, GA 30047 USA
Don’t miss the trip!
Read, print, and follow these instructions so that your butterfly migrates!