Timeline-Symbolic Migration Project
Before October 9, 2020
Submission Deadline: October 9, 2020.
- Introduce Symbolic Migration
- Follow the directions in the Teacher Packet [link to be provided soon] and share your Google Drive folder with email@example.com by the submission deadline: October 9, 2020.
- Report to Journey North Fall Symbolic Migration Participant Map. Be sure to include the teacher’s name, school, town state/province in your message. Optionally, include picture of your Class Ambassador Butterfly
November 2020 - February 2021
Learn about the Monarch’s winter home in Mexico.
- Read about your Class Ambassador Butterfly in Mexico! Use the search function at the top right of the symbolicmigration.org website to locate your school or town. Check back weekly! Deliveries begin mid-November and are usually completed by late February.
April 2021 Continue the Cycle of Friendship
- Watch your Inbox! You will receive an email sharing a Google Drive folder with clusters of life-sized butterflies and a letter from a Mexican student in ample time for a Cinco de Mayo (May 5th) homecoming celebration.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Report the arrival of individual life-sized butterflies by contacting teachers directly. Teacher’s emails will be on every life-sized butterfly. Please make time for this important step! Children will be waiting to find out where their own butterflies landed.