|Magic of Monarch Butterfly Migration
Back to Teacher Guide
- From our hometown, which direction would we need to go to get to Mexico: north, east, south or west?
- How many miles would we travel? How long would it take?
- What should we pack to keep us warm, dry, and safe?
- What possible weather conditions would you expect in Mexico at this time of year? Along the migration route?
- What would you expect to see and experience when we arrive in Mexico at this time of year: weather, geography, topography?
- Why do you think the author of this slideshow chose the word magic to describe monarch migration? In what ways might monarch migration be magical?
- Why do monarchs choose Mexico's mountains for their winter home?
- Do monarchs make non-stop flights to Mexico?
- Who tracks monarchs on their seasonal journeys?
- Where are monarchs sighted at different times of the year?
- When do monarchs begin their journey south to Mexico?
- How do monarchs know when and where to migrate?
- What do monarchs need to survive?
- How can we help ensure that monarchs survive now and in the future?
include (rtrim($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']) . '/'."jnorth/www/includes/eg_nav_copyright_current.inc"); ?>