Questions About Details
- What did you notice first in this photo?
- How would you describe specific details you see? Objects? Colors?
- What do you notice when you zoom in on a specific area in the photo?
- What action words would you use to describe what is happening?
- What time of year do you think this photo was taken?
- What do the details in the photo reveal about robins?
- After studying the photo, what questions would you ask a robin expert?
- How is _____ the same as _____? Different than _____?
- How would you describe the colors? They look like ____ and remind me of _____.
- How many objects can you find and name in the photo?
- How many different colors do you see in the photo?
- What do you think will happen next and why?
- What do you think would happen if...?
- What do you think your ears would hear if you were in this setting?
- What smells would your nose detect?
- How would the air feel based on weather clues revealed in the photo?
- What scientific explanations would provide clues about what is happening in this photo?
- How would you explain what is happening?
- Why do you think this photo was taken?
- How might a scientist describe, explain, or interpret the scene this photo depicts?
- How might a poet describe or interpret this photo?
- What sounds might you hear...? What fragrances might you smell? What textures might you feel if you were in the setting captured by this photo?
- What evidence does this photo provide about a robin's body or abilities?
- How do the details in this photo support what we know about robins?
- How might a scientist use this photo to teach others about robin adaptations?
- How would you caption this photo? Share reasons for the caption.
Copyright Journey North (journeynorth.org). All Rights Reserved.