Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Fall 2001 Reports

From: Vasha Rosenblum (VROSENBLUM@hoover.k12.al.us)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 15:58:08 EDT

    Niche has two meanings. The first one is a hollow in a wall to hold decorations. The other meaning is a place, situation or activity where people feel comfortable beause they fit in there.

    A field mouse is like a monarch catepillar because they are always hungry and always eating. They are both very small and vulnerable. They eat green vegetation and when being carried, they both curl up.

    An adult monarch is like a hummingbird because they both fly by flapping wings and they both eat nectar. They are both colorful. They both migrate to warmer climates for the winter. We think there are a whole lot more resemblances (like how they find a mate), but we haven't done enough research.

    4th grade enrichment students at South Shades Crest Elementary
    Birmingham, AL

    Vasha Rosenblum
    Enrichment Teacher
    South Shades Crest Elementary School
    3770 S. Shades Crest Road
    Hoover, AL 35244

    vrosenblum@hoover.k12.al.us
    Telephone (205) 439-3000
    FAX (205) 439-3001

    Copyright 2001 Journey North. All Rights Reserved.
    Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to
    our feedback form

    Today's News

    Fall's Journey South

    Report Your Sightings