Monarch Butterfly

Tulips

Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2000 Reports

From: Allison Bailey (bailey_a@popmail.firn.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 09:27:15 EST

    We wrote in our journals about why the monarchs on the ground drinking
    water may have been shivering, and why the monarchs work so hard to stay
    off the ground.

    Steven thought they were shivering because "their blood is not pumped
    up".
    Lauren S. thought it was because "their wings are frozen and they are
    trying to get the warm water in the blood of their wings".
    Samantha thought that it was because the water was cold.

    Ashley suspected predators and hazards as why the monarchs work so hard
    to stay off the ground. She wrote "Monarchs stay off the ground because
    they can get stepped on or ants can start chewing their legs before it
    can escape. That's why monarchs stay in trees."

    Miss Bailey's 2nd/3rd Grade Class
    Citrus Elementary School
    Vero Beach, FL

    Copyright 2000 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form

    Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North