Monarch Butterfly

Tulips

Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2000 Reports

From: connie fullerton (clfullerton@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 21:18:48 EST

    The number of monarchs present this year are way down-only 20% of the number
    recorded last year. This is a decrease of 80%.
      Some possible explanations:
    Some may have traveled to a different area
    Trees/wintering sites were changed/cut
    Lower overall population/less mating - monarchs returning
    destroyed habitat on the way down
    Pollution
                       Mrs. Fullerton's Fifth Grade
                           Auburn, IN

    Sorry to send this a second time, we put the wrong number on the first
    response we sent.