Monarch Butterfly

Tulips

Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2000 Reports

From: connie fullerton (clfullerton@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 21:22:01 EST

    The word we translated meant blanket.
      We think it could be used to describe the way the monarchs cover the trees
    while they are wintering.
      Another idea we had was that their closeness on the trees provides warmth
    to the butterflies creating a blanket like effect to protect them and keep
    them warm since they aren't moving.
                    Mrs. Fullerton's Fifth Grade
                       Auburn, IN