Monarch Butterfly

Tulips

Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2000 Reports

From: KevinC Adams (KevinC.Adams@TLDSB.on.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 14:12:13 EST

    We think that the reason for the monarchs strange but incredible behavior
    is because when clouds gather or hide the sun it is usually a sign of
    rain. Since monarchs can't fly when their wings are wet they leave to the
    shelter of the trees. If they stay when it rains
    they would have to wait untill the water evaporated off their wings.
    Kaleigh Valois, Caitlyn Trennum & Tasha Doelman, Gr. 5
    Scott Young Public School
    Ontario, Canada
    KevinC.Adams@TLDSB.on.ca

    Copyright 2000 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form

    Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North