Monarch Butterfly

Tulips

Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2000 Reports

From: Iselin Middle School (iselin11@injersey.infi.net)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 11:01:04 EDT

    Yawn! We, (Alvin, James and Greg the monarchs) just woke up and are
    beginning our journey north and traveling with the wind. Oh My
    God.....here comes some hungry birds ready to eat us. Whoa, another
    close escape. As we're heading north we encounter birds, snakes and even
    squirrels that were ready to eat us. But as always, we escape and are
    able to continue our journey. FLASH! Here come some students and
    teachers taking pictures for a project. Boy , are we tired, because we
    had to wait for the females to reproduce . We flew from Mid Mexico in
    January, all the way to Minnesota in April. After encountering countless
    predators and setbacks, we are almost done with our journey. Gotta run
    for here come some more predators.

    Alvin Girdhar, James Alexander and Greg Smith from Mr. Marotta's 3rd
    Period Science Class at I.M.S., Iselin, New Jersey

    Copyright 2000 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form

    Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North