Monarch Butterfly

Tulips

Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2001 Reports

From: Audrey Dempsey (adempsey@framingham.k12.ma.us)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 17:39:29 EST

    February 15, 2001

    Here is the response to Challenge Question Number 2 from Mrs. Dempsey's
    Second Grade Class, Charlotte Dunning School, Framingham, MA :

    Monarchs and people shiver to shake off the coldness. Your body thinks
    if it can run and sweat and become hot, maybe if you are cold and shiver
    you will get warm.

    When coldness gets on your skin, you shiver to get it off.

    Our body has to be a certain temperature to act normal, so we shiver to
    put our body back into its perfect heat.

    (Please note that these are direct quotes from the students, even the
    last one)

    I am going to see these shivering monarchs on the 24 of February
    (although I will be going to Mexico on Feb. 17), and my students are so
    excited to see everything you are putting up on the monarch internet
    site. We use the LCD projector to project the entire computer screen on
    a big movie screen. I sometimes use this as my read-a-loud for the day,
    or for shared reading. We are learning so much!

    Audrey Dempsey

    Copyright 2001 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form

    Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North