Monarch Butterfly

Tulips

Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2001 Reports

From: LKelly391@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 18:54:26 EST

    We think that the butterflies are safer in Bough Clusters after reviewing the
    data. January 22 and February tests dates show that 107% of the butterflies
    that were on the ground died and only 3% (3%,0%) in the bough clusters died.
    Also, those on the ground only 38% stayed normal(33%,5%) while once again
    those in the bough cluster about 141% (56%, 85%) of the butterflies stayed
    normal during the 2 days test. Although more butterflies were flight
    impaired in the bough cluster, more stayed normal and less died. We believe
    these facts make sense. The boughs of trees would have less snow on them and
    the trees could help to protect the butterflies also from rain and wind. It
    also may be warmer in the trees because heat rises.
    Stephanie, Elizabeth, Barbara, and Justin L. Griswold Middle School, Rocky
    Hill, CT

    Copyright 2001 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form

    Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North