Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

From: Gayle Kloewer (gkloewer@esu6.esu6.k12.ne.us)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 16:21:18 EDT

    We think there are 106,400 butterflies in the 40 acre field. We figured
    that by first asking Jeeves how many square feet are in an acre. Then
    we multiplied 43,560 by 40 to figure out the number of square feet in
    the 40 acres. The answer was 1, 702, 400 sq. feet. Next we figured out
    that there were 4 butterflies every 64 sq. feet. Then we divided
    1,702,400 by 64 and got 26,600. Finally we multiplied that by 4 which is
    the number of butterflies in 64 sq. ft. That's how we got our answer.

    Mrs. Kloewer's 8th period science class minus the football players
    Keith, Matthew, Caleb W., Jeanna, Taylor, Janae, Sydnee, & Lyndsay

    Copyright 2000 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form

    Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North