Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

From: Diane Price (PriceD@zbths.org)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 13:56:55 EDT

    According to the expert help of Dr. Allen Young, MPM
    The overwintering strategies are as follows:
    black swallow- pupa
    viceroy- partially-grown caterpillar rolled up in a small silken-lined ''
    tube'' tethered to branch with silk
    Gypsy Moth- egg masses attached to tree bark;
     Mourning cloak- adult buttter fly wedged, with wings folded, etc. in
    crevices and crannies such as under loose tree bark, old barns,
    under boards, etc.
    Our student guess for the sphinx moth- eggs on trees
    sphinx moth egg on plants
    English 1, ZBTHS

    Copyright 2000 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form

    Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North