Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

From: Bonnie Smith (bonnieleesmith@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 13:19:50 EDT

    Dear Journey North,
            We think that we know the answer to the Challenge
    question #8.The Viceroy Butterfly larva hibernates in
    rolled leaves for the winter. The Eastern Black
    Swallowtail winters over in its chrysalis ( or pupa
    stage.) The Sphinx Moth hibernates in the pupa stage
    under the soil.
            We love monarch butterflies!! We have been raising
    them in our classroom again this year. We netted one
    in our garden this morning and gave it a Monarch Watch
    tag before sending it on its way to Mexico!
             We enjoyed your web site!
                            Your friends from:
                    Teacher Bonnie's Second Grade Class
                    Haddonfield Friends School