Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

From: Michael R. Dugan (hesed@maranatha.net)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 18:41:45 EDT

     In Ciudad Acuna Coahula they saw eight butterflies per minute flying
    and
    fifteen making clusters in the trees to spend the night.
    Ben and Katherine Dugan 1st and 2nd grade

    TRANSLATION
    "10 days before anticipated, --compared to the migrations of
    1998 -1999, the Monarch butterblies crossed the Mexican border.
    Today, in the afternoon, I received a call from Ciudad Acuna Coahuila
    wher the participants of "Correo Real" told us that the butterflies
    were all over the city. Flying law and looking for places to perch
    themselves to spend the night. They counted an average of 8
    butterflies flying per minute and 15 forming clusters in the trees to
    spend the night. The weather was cool, of 23 grades centigrates (73
    grades farenhait)"

    - Translation by Claudia Dugan

    Copyright 2000 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form

    Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North