Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

From: Dave Kust (dave.kust@breckschool.org)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 15:06:17 EDT

    Mr. Kust's Fourth Graders think that if the "Gov" can lift 300 lbs.and that
    is only 56% of the total weight of the butterflies then the total weight
    must be 535.71429 lbs. and if 100 butterflies weight 1.22 lbs. then there
    must be about 43,911 butterflies traveling with UPS. However, when we read
    yesterday's Star Trib. (wed) we saw in the Business section a story that
    stated "In all, the governor delivered 44,006 made-in-Minnesota paper
    butterflies." We know that many couldn't have all come from Minnesota, but
    we think our answer came pretty close to their total!

    Dave Kust
    Grade 4 Instructor
    Breck School
    123 Ottawa Avenue North
    Minneapolis, MN 55422
    (612) 381-8323
    dave.kust@breckschool.org

    Copyright 2000 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form

    Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North