Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

From: Lee and Polly HALL (hallonwhipp@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 20:02:49 EST

    Greetings: We have read with interest the reports on all the Monarchs.
    We have raised our own Monarchs and have helped in Dr. Urquhart's study
    at University of Toronto. The decline in local sightings has been
    alarming and you can imagine my surprise today as my wife, Polly and I
    were passing out some election material to see a MONARCH flitting around
    some mums planted in a front yard. During the course of our election
    work we mentioned the Monarch to a young lady walking her dog. It turned
    out that she has been a volunteer at the local Five Rivers Metro Parks
    whose levy we were supporting and believe it or not she had worked this
    past summer at the "Butterfly House" at Cox Arboretum one of our parks.
    We shared our fear that this last Monarch might not make it to Mexico.
    We have been experiencing unusually high temperatures here in Dayton
    (Southwest Ohio) with high temperatures in the low 70s. Vaya con dios
    to our "last Monarch" Lee Hall

    Copyright 2000 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form

    Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North