Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2002 Reports

From: SLAWW Warner (slaww@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 15:22:50 EDT

    Which side of the tent do Tom's monarch butterflies cluster on?

    Our answer is the east side of the tent because the sun comes up on this
    side, and monarchs - being cold-blooded - need the sun to warm their wings
    in the early cold mornings during fall migration.

    Our default answer is the north side of the tent. Since they fly from the
    North, they would happen upon the north side of the tent first to rest.

    Thank you for getting back to us, Lee Ann, William (7), and Wyatt (5)

    Copyright 2002 Journey North. All Rights Reserved.
    Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to
    our feedback form

    Today's News

    Fall's Journey South

    Report Your Sightings