Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Fall 2005 Reports

Challenge Question # 7

From: by way of Journey South <nunnallyr@sau25.net>
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 11:26:43 EDT

Mrs. Nunnally's second grade class at Peter Woodbury School in Bedford, NH worked on the question by measuring the height of our classroom with yardsticks. We found out that our room was 9 feet high. Then we multiplied 9 feet by 54. This told us that the monarch butterfly was about 486 feet high in the air. You would not be able to see the monarch with your naked eye. With binoculars you could still see it but it is almost close to being out of sight.