Today's News Spring's Journey North Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2004 Reports

From: carol pokorny (pokorny7@msn.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 13:51:14 EST

    we were surprised and thought it would be warmer.
    we didn't predict the weather first because we clicked on the weather link to michoacan and saw the
    weather there before we scrolled down the email and read "But wait! Before you look, think about this..."
    sorry.
    but we do have a question after looking at the map...we will record our sitings of the monarchs the next
    time we see some, but we have monarchs that overwinter at our house and wonder - do they go to mexico
    and then come here (placida, fl) - or just come here from the north for the winter? when they come here
    and lay their eggs, hatch and form their chrysalis, they hang from the siding of our house and look like little decorations. some years there are many more than others! after reading about how many were killed in
    mexico last year, we wondered if that's why we didn't have as many here. (but if they don't go to mexico
    first, then that blows that theory!) or it could be because we didn't have as many milkweed plants...
    IF they do go to mexico first, do they fly over the gulf to get here?
    thank you!
    the pokorny family

    Copyright 2004 Journey North. All Rights Reserved.
    Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to
    our feedback form

    Today's News

    Spring's Journey North

    Report Your Sightings