Monarch Butterfly

Tulips

Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2000 Reports

From: Allison Bailey (bailey_a@popmail.firn.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 09:01:10 EST

    We came up with 32,500 as the average number of manarchs on each tree.
    We used a calculator to help us figure out that this would mean there
    would be 11,375,000 buttterflies clustered in the Sierra Chincua colony
    this January, when there were 350 trees filled with butterflies.

    Miss Bailey's 2nd/3rd Grade Class
    Citrus Elementary School
    Vero Beach, FL

    Copyright 2000 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form

    Today's News Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North