Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

From: Gayle Kloewer (gkloewer@esu6.esu6.k12.ne.us)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 12:21:24 EDT

    We think there are 108, 900 butterflies in the 40 acre alfalfa field.
    We figured there were 4 butterflies every 64 sq. feet. An acre is 43,
    560 sq ft. (we got that from Ask Jeeves). Then we multiplied that by
    the 40 acres and got 1, 742, 400 sq ft in the field. Next we divided by
    64 to get the "butterfly units" and got 27, 225 butterfly units. We
    took that times the 4 butterflies every 64 sq. ft (the butterfly unit)
    and got 108, 900 butterflies. How did we do?
    Mrs. Kloewer's 4th Period Science Class
    York Middle School
    York, Nebraska

    Copyright 2000 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form

    Today's News Fall's Journey South Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North