Today's News Spring's Journey North Report Your Sightings How to Use Journey North Search Journey North

Note: These Challenge Questions coincide with the Spring 2003 Reports

From: Linda Swentzel (LSwentzel@byramschools.k12.nj.us)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 21:05:37 EDT

    Dear Journey North,

    Mrs. Swentzel's third grade class from Byram (Stanhope), NJ were carefully
    going over question 23. We looked at our world map with its key of 1 inch
    equaling 410 mile. We then figured out how many times 410 would fit
    approximately into 1836. The class decided that it would take about 4 and
    1/2 inches going due north from the monarch sanctuaries in Mexico. We then
    measured it on the map and marked it. We came to the state of Wyoming and
    then went east to the next state, following the directions.
    So, we decided that the state where the monarch habitat was located, would
    be in South Dakota.

    Copyright 2003 Journey North. All Rights Reserved.
    Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to
    our feedback form

    Today's News

    Spring's Journey North

    Report Your Sightings